I am showing portraits of individuals from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities from the UK, Slovenia and Italy, accompanied by the subjects’ own words.

The aim of Be-Longing is to promote an understanding of Traveller communities and counter the unspoken prejudices about such people. The core of my work consists of portraits of the people I have met while exploring this subject. In addition, to take my experiences of these communities further, and to invite dialogue and debate, I am making public some of the conversations I have had with the people I have photographed, and with others who have supported my research. There will be workshops, screenings and seminars during the exhibition at 198.   

 

Thursday 18 February 2010

Workshop with Romany artist Delaine LeBas




No comments:

Post a Comment